Maxbulk and Exchange 2003

rbanzai

I'm having some trouble getting Maxbulk to talk to our Exchange 2003 server. In the status window I can see that Maxbulk connects to the server, it looks as if things are working and it shows "message queued" etc etc. At the end of the message it says that 0 messages were sent but 1 was "undelivered."

Then I get the email, but not in the recipient mailbox I'd entered, but in my sender mailbox!

I set the same account up in Entourage for straight POP access and it sent an email without issue to the correct recipient box.

So my problem is twofold:

1. Maxbulk ignores the recipient list and instead sends a single copy of the email to the sending account.
2. Nothing goes to the recipients at all and no error messages appear during the delivery process or on the Exchange servers event viewer. The Exchange queues are empty.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know of any problem with Exchange 2003 server so far. I guess you have an authentication problem. You have to set MaxBulk the same way as Entourage. Also MaxBulk sends to sender account only in Test mode. It also sends the delivery report to you as well.

rbanzai

stanbusk said:
I don't know of any problem with Exchange 2003 server so far. I guess you have an authentication problem. You have to set MaxBulk the same way as Entourage. Also MaxBulk sends to sender account only in Test mode. It also sends the delivery report to you as well.

I fixed the Test mode problem but I still can't send any mail. Watching delivery I can see that my user name and password are accepted and that my log in is okay. Then it says that it "can't relay" for the first address in my list, produces an error and goes on to try an authentication method that isn't going to work.

My relay settings are currently wide open trying to make this work. There are no relay restrictions on the Exchange end. Entourage with basic SMTP authentication continues to work just fine with the same user name and password.

My boss wants to send out around 200 invites today and told me I need to make this work within an hour or so or I have to give up and just use Entourage. Since there will be many more of these events I really don't want to. :(

AlexKrenvalk

My experience quite big in computer sphere. But I had difficult issue with Exchange data, luckily for me an one man suggested me a too, which might help in this problem just like me - edb repair.