MaxBluckmailer won't import names from outlook mac

orangecrush

I've been using MaxBulkmailer regularly for several years. I generate list Groups in Outlook mac, and drag them into the recipients list. It has always worked well enough, giving me name (combined, never could get first/last separate) and email address. I've also pasted from clipboard with success.

Today, I've got an important mailing and it is only filling the domain of the email address into the first name column followed by the email. I accidentally sent some this way and it creates all sorts of reply messages.

I bit the bullet and upgraded from V.7 to V.8 (you are welcome) but still it doesn't work.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried to drag and drop the contacts to your desktop and then from the desktop to MaxBulk Mailer?

orangecrush

Dragging all the addresses selected to the desktop creates separate v-cards for each address. I some ways it is good because it loads fname lname and company. Unfortunately it also loads every email address I have for each person, instead of just the default address. Some people would end up with many messages -- one sent to each one of their addresses.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes indeed, doing that you create full Vcards on your desktop with all the data. Do you have lots of contacts? I ask because you can letter deactivate the duplicates.