Max TAG size?

nick442

Well, I was looking for something large. I am looking to have a database generate a bunch of custom hyperlinks per email which can get large fast. I can always break them up into multiple tags, but hopefully if each tag is about 1024-4000 characters that would suffice. If they were small like 128 that may be an issue. The bigger the better. :wink:

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think there is any limitation. I recommend you to try the demo. Does your text contain line breaks?

nick442

No, there will not be line breaks is you are reffering to a CRLF. I wanted to try something like...

<A Href="">txt</A><BR> etc...

We have the purchased version but I don't have access to it. I will download the demo and give it a try locally.

Thanks!

nick442

Granted you say that there is not limit, which is unrealistic in the software world because at some point it will cap out. Is it possible to check your source code to find out a quicker answer? :?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes indeed, the limit ¬°s your computer memory. The same limit applies for any text control actually.

nick442

Okay, so basically the data for a tag is stored in a data type say of 'string' in C# and is limited to how much I can cram in there according to my computer, correct? Just wanted to be sure that it isn't something silly as VARCHAR(4000) in SQL etcetera.

The reason why I am concerned about all of this is because another software package we use for online automated calling has a similar tag structure as MaxBulk Mailer and each tag is limited to 128 characters.

nick442

That is good. I actually just crammed in a bunch of text and it shows through preview mode. I used 1 record, 55k in size. I am giving the file to our site admin to run a test through the SMTP server.