Internal Server Error 500

jpbiamby

Can anyone explain why I get this error when accessing my MLM?
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at experiential-advertising.com Port 80

The site is here http://experiential-advertising.com/scripts/lm/lm.php

I have had this installation for a while and never really use it because it doesn't really work 100% but know I have access to it all. I tried re-installing the lm folder and CHMOD the permissions to 777 but still no luck. Can anyone help before I stop using MaxBulk and MLM altogether.
I would have been a paying customer but this software never really works the way it is supposed to. Too bad I really liked it.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The MaxBulk Mailer built-in installer set the ‘lm’ folder privileges/permissions to 777. That will work with most servers but not all. The installer has no way to know if 777 is correct or not, you will find out later. Indeed if you try to log into MLM with your browser using the lm.php URL (ex http://www.yourdomain.com/pathtomlm/lm.php) and you get an ‘Internal server Error’, that means your server doesn’t like you to set the folder ‘lm’ access permissions to 777. Just CHMOD the ‘lm’ folder to 775 and try again. If it still fails CHMOD the ‘lm’ folder to 755. If it still fails CHMOD the ‘lm’ folder to 705. It should then work. You can CHMOD a folder with your FTP software. For example with FTP Diskconnect to your server, select the ‘lm’ folder and either click on the ‘Get Info’ menu or use the Cmd-I on Mac OS or Ctrl-I on Windows. You will get a window with the file persmissions at the bottom. Write the new number next to ‘Unix:’ and clik on ‘Apply’. That’s all!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This is the same, you continue to have permission errors. Have you asked your server support about that?