Installed MLM Using mySQL, now lists are gone.

BMcDonald

I have no idea what I did to make this happen. I set up MLM with my SQL. Initialized it. Created two lists. Uploaded them both. Once almost 10,000 addresses, one with 26. It all worked fine. But somehow MaxBulk Mailer will not recognize the lists and when I click on the preferences the software hangs up. I'm using 7.9.2. The lists are fine in the mySQL database but whatever I inadvertently did completely disconnected them from Maxbulk mailer. Do I have to wipe out the mySQL database and do it all over again or is there some way I can recreate them and relink them to the mySQL database and download them to my local files?

BMcDonald

Well, it was correct. I just went in and it probably isn't now for some reason. It took me quite some time to figure out the correct info and somehow it got deleted I guess. Right now it just says: http://bacagrandecitizensactionnetwork.com/lm/lm.php

What's suddenly missing? I put that in the browser and I got this error: Error - You forgot to provide the command parameter: &cmd=command Not sure what I need to put back in. Not sure why this part is so confusing for me.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This response is correct if you are using an old MLM version. With current version you would have a login screen.

BMcDonald

Yes, but the problem I believe is what I have in the preferences. It's not loading the two lists I have online into the drop down menu. I have http://bacagrandecitizensactionnetwork.com/lm/lm.php And the ID I believe is correct, it's the admin ID and admin password. I'm using 7.9.2

I checked the settings file and all that info is correct. So I'm at a loss. Maybe my preferences file is corrupted?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have to tried to access the database tables with your site control panel? Can you them? Have you tried to check them? rebuild index?

BMcDonald

Yes. I logged into phpMyadmin and it's all there. Not sure what you mean by rebuild the index. I checked the database and it's fine. I even ran the repair, but nothing to repair. I guess for now I have to do it all over again. What I need to do is download the database in a form I can import into Maxbulk mailer. Do you have a way I can open a new file and download the database into a new file? When I open one of the lists and pick UPLOAD To MLM from the menu, it finds the databases just fine and it will upload to them, but how can I do it the other way round? It seems I have to delete the mySQL database and start over.

BMcDonald

Well, I just use phpmyAdmin to open the mySQL MLM database. All the data is there in the file. If I want to upload new addresses to one of the database from MaxBulk emailer, and I select Upload to MLM, the databases both databases show up in the drop down menu there. I've picking around your help files and I can't figure this darn problem out. I seem to remember seeing something about a setting that tells the program to use multiple lists, but I can't seem to find where that would be. Maybe that's the problem?

BMcDonald

Well, something is seriously wrong with MaxBulk Emailer. I need to figure this out. I just upgraded to the latest 8.3.3. I just double checked the prefrences in MaxBulk Emailer so see if that the remote list info is correct. I click "Go" and it takes me to a page that does display the correct lists:

BGCAN_enews 9393 2012-05-23 17:50:26 KTAO_enews 9423 2012-05-23 17:50:26

But they do not show up in the drop down menu in MaxBulk Emailer. Why the heck are the not showing up? I cannot select remote lists, or multiple lists. The Drop down menu is just blank and when you click on it it won't drop open at all:

MBM.jpg

When I save the file as a list, the list name shows up in the dropdown, but nothing else.

MBM2.jpg

When I close the file and reopen it, the list is no longer in the dropdown. It's gone just like the first image. Just a blank dropdown again that won't drop down. The other day it was working fine. I could get access to the remote list and multiple list options. Now they're just gone.

BMcDonald

Well, I finally figured it out. Something was most definitely corrupted. I went into the Library/Application Support and moved the Maxprog folder onto my desktop so I sill had copies of the lists. When I launched MaxBulk Emailer again it recreated it. Then I just put copies of the lists I had made back in the "Lists" folder in the Maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer folder. All works fine again. Not sure what was corrupted but something was.