INstallation issues

mjormiston

Hi I am using mysql, I have checked my credentials, even connected to the server using the mysql tools to confirm they are correct. When I try to initialise the database it gives the following error:

Error - Impossible to create the database or the table.
[mySQL server connection error]

Previously unless I typed the password into the command URL it would come back as wrong password.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This error means there is a connection problem with the mySQL database. It can be because of the mySQL server address, if it uses or not the default port and if the account ID you are using has full access or not. MLM needs full access, Read/Write/Table creation.

mjormiston

Ok checked with my host and all credentials are correct, no IP or port blocking or anything. Could there be issue with scripts and if so can you provide link to current scripts so I can upload them over what I have.

Thanks

Mark

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The password at the beginning of mlm_settings.php has to match the password you have entered for MLM in the MaxBulk Mailer preferences. Is it the case?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
There is something wrong with your server then, perhaps an encoding problem. Have you asked your server support? There were a similar case last year in this forum by the way.