Incomplete/faulty MLM list uploads

bijank

Hello,

I have a number of problems with uploading newly imported text files containing recipients to a remote MLM list:

1. I first import a number of, say, 1.815 new subscribers from a local text file.
2. I then select "Upload to MLM..." from the menu and select a new list.
3. While the upload proceeds, I receive a message that a different number of recipients have actually been uploaded – not the imported 1.815.

This screencast illustrates what I mean. While I have 1.815 subscribers imported locally, only 1.624 end up on MLM: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/322 ... encast.mov

Why is that so?

I have tried multiple workarounds such as merging new subscribers into an existing list or creating a new one. But I never get the actual, full local list to upload in exactly this form to MLM. I also tried to integrate text file imports of the said 1.815 subscribers into a remote list that already contains 1.589 of these. This also fails and I end up with freak numbers of subscribers in the remote list – such as 995...

Any help?

bijank

I was under the impression that those settings apply to the SMTP, not the FTP server. I was talking about transferring the lists to the MLM server via FTP, not sending emails.

Am I mistaken?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I am talking about the group and interval inside the 'Upload the MLM' window, when you click on the 'Setting' button.

bijank

I was not aware of this set of settings, possibly because in the German translation the button text is cropped as the button itself is too small. You may want to correct that.

However, that doesn't change anything. I just tried the following:

1. Imported a text file list locally. 1.812 contacts are imported.
2. Chose upload to MLM at lowest setting. 1.806 contacts are uploaded, MLM tells me that it found 0 duplicates but 3 faulty addresses. Note the still incorrect total figure.
3. Marked 1 individual address in the list as "Unsubscribed", click "Save". MLM uploads the corrected list and reports that 1.611 contacts have been uploaded and that it again found 0 duplicates and 3 faulty addresses. Note the incorrect total figure.
4. Any attempt to work with a remote list after this step (e.g. marking a list for retrieval) produces a "BAD REQUEST ERROR 400". Only solution is quitting the current document and reloading it.

All these errors are reproducible here.

Any ideas?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you asked your server support? Perhaps they see an error on there side that could shed some light... That "BAD REQUEST ERROR 400" should never happen but it does so I would really like to know why.

bijank

I can give it a try with my hosting provider, sure. Does MBM produce a detailed connection log that I can send along?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
No, HTML log is on server side. MaxBulk Mailer displays the errors directly to you if any.