importing from pine mail client

familysafe

Hi,

I purchased MaxBulk Mailer standard a few days ago, and then I upgraded to pro. I am running it on a Mac and for most tasks it works great! We want to be able to send out a news letter and we switched from yahoo mail to the pine email client, and then to the Apple mail client and we have addresses that we would like to import from all 3. I was able to get the email address from the address book on yahoo by downloading our address book on yahoo as vcards and then adding them into the Apple address book. It was no problem then for MaxBulk Mailer to import them. I then imported all the email addresses from Apple Mail. I would really like to import all the email addresses from pine in the same way that I did from Apple
Mail. They are stored in a file that is compatible with sendmail. I grepped out all of the email addresses (or what looked like email addresses), but it is far from a perfect solution, there is a lot of junk in there that looks like email addresses and in fact when I imported them with plain text or from a text file into MaxBulk Mailer it didn't remove most of the junk from the list like I had hoped. Also, I am not getting any of the names this way. I think there must be a better way import the email addresses from pine or maybe import into a mail client (like Apple mail) that is supported by MaxBulk Mailer. I am open for suggestions. I just want to be able to send out a news letter about us to all of our friends and family. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Best Regards,
Al

wessley

Hi Al,

I have no experience at all with Pine, but if you were able to export some kind of CSV (comma separated values) from it, then it'd be pretty easy because MaxBulk Mailer can import CSV.

I found [url http://www.udel.edu/topics/e-mail/webma ... .html#pine]this article[/url] which contains info about exporting from Pine... Not sure what that .ldif file might look like though.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,
Wes