Importing data

didier

Hi again Stan.

There would be a fine tuning to be done, for the import function to be faster. In my office I get somebody preparing A LOT of reports on expenses/incomes that are in .csv format in a shared folder. I just need to import them and all my accounts are daily up to date.

However, there are a few improvement on the "import" function that could make this daily routine much faster and easier.

1/ When clicking on the "import button" the "Format" and "Data" types should be remembered from last import, or as a default in the preference. Over the last few years I must have clicked thousands of times to set them to always our same requirement.

2/ then - during the import process, after selecting the file - the import preset should also be remembered, either as the last one or as a preference. Again hundreds of clicks could be saved over the years.

3/ Multiple files selection should be effective. One can select several files to import but only one gets actually imported. More saved clicks!

Thank you for you always effective communication and support. Our iCash software is still the backbone for my company with (now) 14 employees and loads of clients/suppliers. It still deals flawlessly with all aspects of financial management. Over 6 years now, on the same file, without any loss in speed and reliability. Congratulations.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Click on the Import button on the main screen, are you using 'From a Bank statement'?

didier

No, my main application is exporting/importing from a plain text file as a way to get/share parts of the general accounting data.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, ideal for using the 'Import from a Bank Statement' option. I recommend you to try it.

didier

Hi Stan. I tried it: It is still a lot of clicks to get through:

The opened window doesn't always keep the last import preset, it has to be reselected once in a while. Then there is a need of a click on preview to get the import button active. Then import to click.

Also what is imported appears all reconciled, so I need to undo this before going ahead.

My initial comment was just about simplifying highly repetitive import operations to save a few clicks each time (x thousands over time).