import from remote database, import presets no longer saving

srelan

I had about a dozen database presets for the past year and a half. worked fine. Then all of a sudden (no sure if it started last recent software update or not) the presets are gone, and MBM no longer will save any of my presets either. Just a empty dropdown box after I try to save. Anybody else? any idea of what broke and how to fix?

srelan

my server settings drop down multiple saved prefs remain intact. (their was a time not long ago when they disappeared a couple times and I had to rebuild (never found out how/why, just though it may have been something with Apple keychain(?)) Anyway, Athe recipients drop down saved list prefs and the server prefs still remain, just the remote database import presets disappear (and won't allow new ones to save)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Really strange, that info is saved in the same file actually. Perhaps it got corrupt. With current v6 you can backup your preferences by the way. To recover you old preferences I recommend you to use Time Machine.

srelan

that's fine because I can recreate them manually if I have to, but it still won't save them at all. I've relaunched MBM a couple times and tried to save a new database setting and poof, right after clicking save the list appears blank .
I downloaded MBM fresh from Maxprog and replaced the old app and still have the same problem.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Check the privileges of the '~/Library/Preferences', '~/Library/Preferences/Maxprog/' and '~/Library/Preferences/Maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer' folder. I guess something is wrong.

afsk

Same problem, the preference file is systematically changed and does not keep the import characteristics from mysql

OS X 10.5.4
MySQL 5.0.5

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I recommend you to download Onyx. It is a tool that can help you fix problems on your system. Go to the 'Automation' panel, select all the options and click on the 'Execute' button. Then restart your computer and check if your problem has been fixed.

If your problem has not been fixed you will have to run the tasks manually. Note that you will be asked to reboot after each task. There is no need to do that, just reboot once you have run all the tasks.

Maintenance panel
- Run the permissions reparation from the first sub-panel by clicking on 'Execute'.
- Select the 'Daily', 'Weekly' and 'Monthly' scripts from the 'Scripts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Select 'LaunchServices' and 'dyld's from the 'Rebuild' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button. (You can also select to rebuild the Spotlight Index).

Cleaning panel
- Check everything from the 'System' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'User' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Browser Cache' and 'Download Cache' from the 'Internet' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'System and Users' from the 'Fonts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'Logs' sub-panel *BUT* 'Conversations log of instant messaging' and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Recent Items', 'Obsolete items' and 'Previous 'iTunes Libraries' from the 'Misc' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.

srelan

still losing import saved settings

Is nobody else having this problem? Even after doing everything suggested above, I will launch MBM the next day, go to import a list and all my saved database settings are gone again. Just and empty dropdown list. (However, my saved server settings list is still intact). This is incredibly frustrating.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Look at the '~/Documents/Maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer/Error Logs' folder. Are there files inside? What do they say?