Import data thru mysql with fieldnames = column names

ilektro

As requested I repost this :

I would like to know if it will be possible to import from a database with the fields keeping (automatically) the same name as the column name in the table? This is the only way to use your program with more than 1 maillist as now I'm limited to 20 fields and that is enough for 1 maillist but not more and run over 10 different maillists.

As I had the impression with this explanation it was still not clear, here is an example:

MAIILIST CUSTOMER 1, TABLE "customers" COLUMNS :
- firstn
- lastn
- custnbr
- shipcost
- fld1
- fld2
- fld3
- fld4

MAIILIST CUSTOMER 2, TABLE "fans" COLUMNS :
- company
- street
- housenbr
- postalcode
- city
- state
- country
- fld1
- fld2
- fld3

ETC ETC (AT LEAST 10 LISTS)

All html files have been made with the field names as in the tables, so if you want to merge html files with fields, then it currently is possible in any Mac program, while ALL Windows programs automatically take the column name as field name so that merging is easy.

Unfortunately for me this has now become even more urgent as the program on Windows I use that does that perfectly (Kristianix) needs Paralllels and for that - only for that - I need an update as I now have OSX 10.6.

Hope you're able to help

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Please post feature requests here. Usually it not necessary but since I am out of the office I can't mark/save forum entries.