import comma-delimited transactions

Ward

How can I import a comma-delimited text file from my bank-account in iCash?

After importing and connecting my .txt file to the right fields, all contacts are updates but transactions will not appear in iCash.

What can I do to solve this problem?

--
iCash 4.2.2NL on MacOSX 10.5.2

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
When on the import window, you have to select 'Comma' as the field delimiter and line up you file fields with MaxBulk's. Note that several fields are required and all accounts/categories have to be created first.

Ward

Is there some sort of overview of the fields required in my txt file?

My logic:

- Export bank-data in txt file
- import data in iCash
- Contacts contain categorie information (a transaction at the fuel pump always has to be stored under the category 'Car/Gas', for instance
- connect new contacts/transactions to the categories manually

Is this the correct procedure?

Ward

90% of my household bank account transactions are the same, over and over again. My transactions to the supermarket, fuel supplier, restaurant, bar, etc should import/connect to the right category without my intervention.

for example: a transaction from SHELL should automatically connect to the category: Car>fuel on import.

Can you please explain how to categorize my downloaded mut-files automatically?

The remaining 10% can be processed easilly by hand...

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting. You are looking a way to set iCash to know how a transaction should be entered? What field is mandatory, the transaction comment? Would a rule editor work for you?

hbruinsma

I'm also trying to import a CSV file. After the import, contacts have been created, but I cannot find any transactions. Is there maybe a way to import MT940 files?

Ward

Rules would become very handy! Like 'rules' in Apple Mail>preferences>rules, for example

These rules could be set while importing a mut-file but could also be added to the contact-list!
In the contact list you should be able to categorize, however rules are needed to connect a transaction ta a contact-member, because lots of companies use unique numbering in the info-field.

for example:

Insurance company transaction:

InSuranceComp paid may01-june01

is the same contact as:

InSuranceComp paid feb01-mar01

then the rule should connect 'InSuranceComp' to 'Health>insurance:

I hope this helps...

arjaan

MT940 download

I have not been active with Icash for some time but want to start again. I had some discussions about MT940 download an import into Icash. Is there any new development about that?

Best Regards
Arjaan

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If you a have example file please open a support ticket an attach it to a feature request.