iCash V5

Harry

Let me say that I am impressed with the improvements made in V5.

The merge facility for Accounts, Categories and Contacts appears to be well implemented as is the instant query for items selected in the Overview.

I look forward to improvements in the future transaction entry system but at least it is a start. I see where future transactions are entered but not the impact [on the balance].

Stan has indicated that further improvements are proposed and I look forward to them.

It is clear that Stan has been listening to his user base and that is very much appreciated.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I do my best. The amount of requests I receive is overwhelming but I manage to classify and study them all thoroughly. Sometimes it takes a long time to get them added.

I look forward to improvements in the future transaction entry system but at least it is a start. I see where future transactions are entered but not the impact [on the balance].
How would you want to see that impact? On the transaction panel colored status bar (below list)?

Harry

The conventional wisdom where pre-posting is adopted is to see the progressive impact on the Account. That is easily discernible where there is a rolling balance.
In the case if iCash, given that pre-postings are in date order, it should be possible to click on any pre-posted entry and see what the Origin and Target Account balance would be at that point.
Where there is a number of pre-posted entries clicking on any one of them would change the projected totals for the Origin and Target Accounts.

I think on the transaction coloured status bar might be OK since it is important to differentiate between current and projected balances.