iCash recovery issue, iCash 7.5.6 - DE

bwarnholz

Hello, I am a user of iCash since 2009 and recorded all my transactions in the application since then.

Today I did an export (XML and SQL) and imported the files into a new iCash-file just to see if it would work out. The export went fine, the import went fine but when I close and re-open the new iCash-file I am constantly getting the message "This document was created with an older version of iCash and has to be updated. Do you want to continue?" If I click yes, there is something going on but the file size (of the .iCash file) doesn't change and I keep on having four different files ("my new iCash file name".bib, "my new iCash file name".dat, "my new iCash file name".iCash, "my new iCash file name".ind)

Some information on the files:
Original file:
db schema version 117
db upgrade level 18
db sql engine version 4.8.1
file size 5.8 mb

Recovery file:
db schema version 1
db upgrade level 18
db sql engine version 4.8.1
file size 244 kb

Diagnosis shows no errors with both files.

Any idea what to do?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
There is something wrong for sure. Have you check your document first with iCash built-in tools? Any error? Have you try to reindex the document, any error?

bwarnholz

That solved it - thank you. I tested, re-indexed, diagnosed and exported it. After that the XML-import went smoothly and without any errors but the SQL import did not and showed the same error than described above.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
XML is highly recommended for that task. SQL is good for exporting to another system, a SQL system.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
XML is highly recommended for that task. SQL is good for exporting to another system, a SQL system *BUT* both should work the same way so I will have a look.