ICash 7.4 with new MacOS 10.7

oznoyan

Hello,
After I changed MacOS to 10.7, auto completion is not working on transaction (origin account and target account) Anybody had the same problem? Seems not serious problem but that shortcut gives addition time.
Another issue is how many transactions we can fill ? It won't grow database and makes slow like Microsoft Access?
Kemal

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have received exactly 3 reports including yours about this issue, iCash becoming case-sensitive for searches. Note that if you respect the case the auto-complete will work. What language are you using for your operating system? In 'Formats', what 'Region' have you selected? This problem is so rare and weird we need as much information as possible to track it.

About the number of transactions, iCash uses one of the best SQL engine available today. Searches thru million of records is very fast. I have a file here with 100'000 transactions. Creating a chart using those 10 years of data is instantaneous.

oznoyan

Thank you for your reply.
I am located in Turkey so my number and region is Turkey but language is English. Do i need to change anything?
Before it was no any problem if capital letter starts or not and it was automatically find accounts, actually yes now case sensitive and it worked..
Thanks for the info for database.
Kemal

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the information, I will pass it to the developer of the SQL engine. Let's see if they can fix it soon.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, but this is not intended to work that way. Internally iCash is set to be case-insentitive, in Lion some users like you have problems because despite searches are set to be case-insentitive, they are actually case-sentitive. I am sure this problem will be fixed soon.

oznoyan

stanbusk said:
Yes, but this is not intended to work that way. Internally iCash is set to be case-insentitive, in Lion some users like you have problems because despite searches are set to be case-insentitive, they are actually case-sentitive. I am sure this problem will be fixed soon.

Thank you, that will be great solution, actually that worked in "Transaction Type" without problems.
Another thing is when I open "Account Statement report" it shows empty combo box (in attachment file that pic), they have to work also for it please.

Thanks
Kemal

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Did you try to reboot your computer or restart the application? This kind of thing may happen after for example a month without restarting a computer.

oznoyan

Every night I close and morning restart it.. Just yesterday I didn't because it was backing up to time capsule. But this problem has it long time ago.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have never seen this problem and never heard of if either in that forum or thru the support. I don't know where it comes from.

oznoyan

Really don't know.. Even this morning I started iMac and first time open report "Account Statement" and happen again... Nothing serious but still headache.

Kemal

oznoyan

Another thing is that combo box is stainable in page when i roll over with mouse, that combo box stable bıu page rolls..
I attached some pics.. You can check it.
Kemal

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
[URL http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs/english/apps.html]Onyx[/URL] is a tool that can help you fix problems on your system. Go to the 'Automation' panel, select all the options and click on the 'Execute' button. Then restart your computer and check if your problem has been fixed.

If your problem has not been fixed you will have to run the tasks manually. Note that you will be asked to reboot after each task. There is no need to do that, just reboot once you have run all the tasks.

Maintenance panel
- Run the permissions reparation from the first sub-panel by clicking on 'Execute'.
- Select the 'Daily', 'Weekly' and 'Monthly' scripts from the 'Scripts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Select 'LaunchServices' and 'dyld's from the 'Rebuild' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button. (You can also select to rebuild the Spotlight Index).

Cleaning panel
- Check everything from the 'System' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'User' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Browser Cache' and 'Download Cache' from the 'Internet' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'System and Users' from the 'Fonts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'Logs' sub-panel *BUT* 'Conversations log of instant messaging' and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Recent Items', 'Obsolete items' and 'Previous 'iTunes Libraries' from the 'Misc' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.

oznoyan

stanbusk said:
[URL http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs/english/apps.html]Onyx[/URL] is a tool that can help you fix problems on your system. Go to the 'Automation' panel, select all the options and click on the 'Execute' button. Then restart your computer and check if your problem has been fixed.

If your problem has not been fixed you will have to run the tasks manually. Note that you will be asked to reboot after each task. There is no need to do that, just reboot once you have run all the tasks.

Maintenance panel
- Run the permissions reparation from the first sub-panel by clicking on 'Execute'.
- Select the 'Daily', 'Weekly' and 'Monthly' scripts from the 'Scripts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Select 'LaunchServices' and 'dyld's from the 'Rebuild' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button. (You can also select to rebuild the Spotlight Index).

Cleaning panel
- Check everything from the 'System' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'User' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Browser Cache' and 'Download Cache' from the 'Internet' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'System and Users' from the 'Fonts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'Logs' sub-panel *BUT* 'Conversations log of instant messaging' and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Recent Items', 'Obsolete items' and 'Previous 'iTunes Libraries' from the 'Misc' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.

Thank you I downloaded Onyx and I did all what you said. But still When I open reports and "Account Statement", even doesn't choose "create" that combo box appear suddenly..

oznoyan

ahhhh you got the problem that combo box is belong to "where" section when i open report triangle. and when i click that "report" triangle and close again that combo box goes.. but when i choose clear again that appear.. all the time i have to open report and then close...
btw sorry for my late reply..

ptroxler

Re: ICash 7.4 with new MacOS 10.7 -- autocomplete BROKEN

auto complete is NOT working anymore ... that means a factor 100 loss in productivity ... iCash not usable any more. please fix asap.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It is because on some systems (less than 1%) the search has become case-sensitive with Lion. The problem has already been fixed and will be available in next update.