ICash 7.4.3 Crash

skanz

I am running iCash 7.4.3 in Apple OS 10.5.8 on a PPC G4 (not intel).

I've used iCash for years with no problems. This morning I upgraded from 7.4.1 to 7.4.3. Now when I try to open my .icash file, I receive the following error message: (screenshot attached)

'Fatal error opening database! (Unique violation for index "UNKNOWN".).' [OK]

I followed a FAQ suggestion to recover the database. The recovered file brings up the same error message.

Do you have any other ideas?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
7.4.3 have been removed temporally. It will be available again as soon as we fix this problem.

skade

Hi,

I have Snow Leopard and while existing documents work just fine version 7.4.3 crashed when I attempted to create a new file. A corrupt file was created, so it got halfway at least. I didn't get any particular error message.

I reinstalled the old version of iCash and verything works just fine now, so I do not require any reply. I'm just letting you know in case it's useful.

Skade

skanz

To complicate things....

Over the holidays, I migrated to a new iMac running OS 10.6.8.

I uninstalled iCash from the old G4 and installed iCash 7.4.2 on my new computer, entering my old serial number. I added some transactions in iCash and everything worked great.

Today I opened iCash to add a transaction and got almost the same error as on the G4: "Fatal error opening database!"

After I clicked OK, it then prompted me for a serial number, but wouldn't accept the one I entered. (I tried several times, making sure every character was correct.)

I downloaded and installed iCash 7.4.3, to see if that would fix the problem. Same error. Same serial number prompt and rejection.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

skanz

Resolution: I unmounted my external backup hard drive, and iCash now opens and functions normally. No error message and I wasn't prompted for a serial number.