How to use tags in Web page messgae format

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You have to add the tags to the page. If the page is public and better make a copy of it, add the tags and use it with MaxBulk Mailer.

rafaespada

HI,

I use this mode (send web page) a lot of times... but... how to use the "base href" tag?

I don't know where is my mistake, but I undertand in the user guide... the relative path of images are replace with the absolute path.

and I can't do there. ¬ø?¬ø?¬ø?

Always appears the relative path. In desktop email clients there is not problem... but in web clients (hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc) the image paths are broken. :-(

Always is must put the absolute path in the web page.

There is no problem when I send the finnished email (i change it), but in the production, in the test... grrrrrrrrrrrr :-(

And example of hot to use it?

Thanks!!!

p.d. sorry for my english, is not good.

rafaespada

This is the user guide...

"You can send a message containing a copy of a web page simply by using its URL. Just select the 'Web Page' format from the format pull-down menu and paste the URL in the message field. MaxBulk Mailer will get the code located at that address and will send it to your recipients. It is extremely simple and easy to use. You can provide a BASE HREF tag to the HTML code on the second line if necessary. The BASE HREF parameter converts all the relative URLs into absolute ones. To add an alternative plain text version as with Text/HTML format, add two line-breaks and the text right below."

How to do this?

jcklein

Is there not a way to have a normal tagged message either above or below a "HTML only" or "WebPage"?

Or, is there a way to merge data into a "HTML only" or "WebPage"?

Thanks, Chuck

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Oops, I don't understand your question. What do you mean with merging data into a "HTML only" or "WebPage"?

jcklein

I'l like to have a regular message, ie, greeting, date, and text that refers to an attached web page below or to HTML

OR

what I'd really love is to actually merge a greeting

"Hello Bill,"

into a portion of a WebPage or HTML document.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
That has to be added to the HTML code itself actually. There is no way to add text right now to those formats.

zarouk

Hi,

Is there some news about this topic ?

I really need to add a tag below a web page into MaxBulk Mailer.

Best regards,

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
No changes, you have to add the tag to the HTML code. MaxBulk Mailer has no way to add tags on its way, that would be advanced artificial intelligence :)

wsiegypt

MaxBulk Mailer will get the code located at that address and will send it to your recipients. It is extremely simple and easy to use.