How to use MaxBulk 6 with the new Remote Lists option?

nicolasbulb

I've entered the URL mysite/mlm/mlm.php and the ID and password and nothing happens?

How do I proceed if I'm using MaxBulkPro to handle different mailinglists from different servers? I only see one option in the Prefs to enter only one URL. It's a bit awkward to pop-up Remote lists and the define the remote lists in the prefs. The settings of a Remote List should be part of the settings of the Newsletter document.

Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You have to enter the full mlm path url including the heading 'http://'. The preferences are set to use one single server. If you need multiple server access we would have to open a feature request but I don't know how it could be implemented to keep things simple.

nicolasbulb

I've got this:
CX_mailing_all 3301

Which is the number of email I've got in the database.

What should be the url I have to put into MaxBulkPr 6 prefs under Remote lists:
URL=?
ID=?
Password=?

Is it the ID and Password set for MLM script settings?

Your documentation is a bit obscure about it?

Thx.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If it works in your browser it should work on MaxBulk Mailer. I don't see anything that could prevent it.

nicolasbulb

I'm running the demo version. What are the limitations of the demo version?

I've noticed that MaxBulkPro 5 and 6 does get along pretty well together on the same computer but everything I put some info into the v.6 Remote List and open the version 5, then the settings are gone into the v.6 and I have to re-enter it again. Damn.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Be carefull when using two versions on the same computer. Old versions will remove v6 specific preference entries.

Does you question refers to the demo version of MLM?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MaxBulk Mailer demo adds a text footer to all your outgoing message and is limited to the delivery of 100 addresses. The MLM demo doesn't offer support of list upload.

bwohn

When I select Remote List, I get an error "Error-Server problem when reading list directory"?

All my settings seem to be right. I can go to:
and see my txt file and it has 5 records in it... what am I doing wrong?

I agree, you really need a simple manual for setting this thing up with Max Bulk Mailer... one of the reasons I purchased this was for the opt-out feature and its certainly NOT automated.

harringg

@bwohn

Friendly note suggesting you pull that link. I was following the thread and clicked on it and can see your clients names and emails. Probably not something they want publicly available.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
bwohn, are you sure you are using inside MaxBulk Mailer the right link to your mlm script?

harringg

I'm getting the idle message (downloading flashes by for a second). the cmd=lists via the browser returns 4 2008-11-12 21:59:34

strugling to get mysql setup with mlm and maxbulk. I've entered four names in the db is that the "4" in the web output? edit: yes it is. I added a new name via phpMyAdmin and now it shows 5. is it because I don't have list names? yep. I'm working via MAMP on my local machine. all is now good :D :D :D

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. The 'lists' command returns this:
Code:
<LISTS>ListName1	Count	LastModificationDate
ListName2	Count	LastModificationDate
ListName3	Count	LastModificationDate
ListName4	Count	LastModificationDate </LISTS>

What you get is the same but without the list names.

harringg

stanbusk said:
Yes. The 'lists' command returns this:
Code:
<LISTS>ListName1	Count	LastModificationDate
ListName2	Count	LastModificationDate
ListName3	Count	LastModificationDate
ListName4	Count	LastModificationDate </LISTS>

What you get is the same but without the list names.

When I type:http://localhost:8888/Goodies/MailingListManager/mlm/mlm.php?cmd=createlist&list=mynewlist&pwd=REMOVED

It returns: Database and table created successfully.

When I run: http://localhost:8888/Goodies/MailingLi ... wd=REMOVED

It returns: newsletter 3 2008-11-12 21:59:34 repeatclients 2 2008-11-12 21:59:34

both two lists shown above I could only create via manually updating the MySQL table via phpMyAdmin. Where is this database and table being created?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If you have activated mySQL, the lists are created using the data you have placed in the mlm-settings.php file, table $tbname is created in $dbname at $dbhost. Do you mean you do n't see that table anywhere?

harringg

stanbusk said:
If you have activated mySQL, the lists are created using the data you have placed in the mlm-settings.php file, table $tbname is created in $dbname at $dbhost. Do you mean you do n't see that table anywhere?

I have the following in the .php file:

// By default MLM uses plain text files. If you prefer to use a mySQL table all you have to do is to modify the paramaters below:

$use_mysql = 1; // Set to 1 in order to use mySQL rather than default raw text files
$dbhost = 'localhost'; // mySQL Host Name
$dbusername = 'REMOVED'; // mySQL User Name (For Full access!!)
$dbuserpass = 'REMOVED'; // mySQL User Password (For Full access!!)
$dbname = 'DATABASE_NAME'; // mySQL Database Name
$tbname = 'tbl_mlm_sub'; // mySQL Table name

$request_life_span = 2; // Days to confirm a subscription

?>

And nothing happens inside the db, even though the script runs and reports a successful list creation.

Here's my GetInfo results:

PHP version : 5.2.6

mySQL Host: Localhost via UNIX socket
mySQL Server: 5.0.41
mySQL Client: 5.0.41
mySQL Protocol: 10
mySQL Charset: utf8

Even though I'm able to run mlm.php commands, and they report success, nothing seems to happen in the actual db.