How to send e-mails from website mail server?

FLeckie

Hello

I have been using Maxbulk Mailer to send out my e-mail newsletter for a long time, but a lot of them are bounced as spam, I think because I am sending from my computer, and the ISP details are different from my e-mail address, which relates to my website.

I would love to use the mail server on my site to do the mailings instead, but I don't know how to use it to send to a list of people. If I login to webmail, I get the option to write an e-mail and send it to one person. There doesn't seem to be a way of adding a list of recipients.

Is there a way to access webmail via Maxbulk Mailer or MLM, so that I can write and deliver the newsletter from the website?

Thanks for any suggestions!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You need a SMTP server access. Webmail systems are not SMTP servers, they are interfaces to access your mail on that server.

FLeckie

Thank you, I didn't realise that.

I am setting up access to SMTP on the site. When I have this, is it straightforward to send out mailings?

FLeckie

stanbusk said:
Yes, you just need to enter your SMTP data into the MaxBulk Mailer settings.

Okay, I am probably being thick, but where do I add this information? I've looked in MaxBulk Mailer preferences and the lm_settings file, but I can't see where it goes...

FLeckie

thank you – I knew I was being thick! Hopefully, I will be able to use this facility next time I send out a newsletter...