How to remove adresses from black listing automatically?

insomnia

Hi Stan,

I added a list of people in the black listing but now I want to remove them.

Is there a way to do it automatically as I would like to avoid the long process of delete them one by one.

if not, my a suggestion would be to include a "remove from black list" button in the next upgrade.

Best.
Luc

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The black list works exactly as any other list. What you can do with a regular list applies the blacklist as well.

insomnia

Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

Currently you created an "add to black list" button which works from any other lists (let's name them A, B, C, etc..). It's great to add several addresses at once from list C to the black list.

But how can I manage if - being working on list C - I want to remove at once several email addresses that I have previously blacklisted ?

Currently, I can only delete these addresses working directly in the black list.

What I suggest is to be able to remove/delete addresses from the black list but working from/in other lists. Then to create a "delete from the black list button".

Hoping it's clear now...

Best.
Luc

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I understand but same response, the only way to delete an entry from the blacklist is selecting it and deleting the addresses as you would do with any other list. There is no other way to remove an address from the blacklist.

fab

Hi! :)
So, if it should work as another list, we should be able to delete address with a file called DELETE for instance? but this does not work.
Any ID how to manage that automaticaly?
Tks for your answer.
Fabrice

PS : you should add a button "remove from blacklist" - that would be very useful in some cases :)

rePS : in fact, I just understand that we can not export address which are marked as BLACK LISTED. So, it's impossible to delete them from BLACKLIST as we should be able to do using the DELETE txt file
So, it should be possible to:
- export only selected address
- and also export blacklisted address
Thanks!!!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The DELETE trick doesn't work for blacklists intentionally as a security. This is to protect you from errors. I don't see any reason for removing entries from the blacklist that way. The blacklist is a list of people that has asked you to be removed from your lists.

About exporting the blacklist, do you have difficulties?

fab

hi Stan!

Tks for the answer.

Expoorting blacklist is ok (except that it did not export "global" address like @domaine.com, so without anything before the @.
We should have an option saying "export everything, even if the adress looks wrong.

About deleting (automaticaly) some stuff in the black list, this can help in some cases.
I use black list to temporarely remove some address from all the lists.
Then ,to bring them back it's not possible.
on my mind, we should have these possibilities:
- export selected address in a list (including black list address, on specific demand)
- in that way, we could delete some address from blacklist. and there will be no involontary mistakes, as the process would be specific.
tks!
ps : btw, this software is really great. I use it since years now, and it's getting even better and better. ;-)