How to make a subscription form on webpage?

Kristiane

I just installed MLM. Now I wonder how to make a subscription form on my website. I tried using the command lm.php?cmd=subscribe&list=list1[;list2;...]&email=email_addr[&pwd=password], but I don't think I know what to substitute and what not. I'm not more familiar with html coding then to add a few lines someone tells me, so please help.
Kristiane

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The 'lm/html' folder contains several examples. I recommend you to have a look at them.

Kristiane

I don't know enough about programming to know what to do and there is no comments telling me what each of them does. Where can I find this information?

Kristiane

OK, I found out that if I open them in Adobe Go Live, I can get an idea of how they look.

The indexfile doesn't open in Firefox. Which program should it be opened in or how am I supposed to do it. I use a wordpress site. Is the idea that I should install a page as an index site as well as adding the html from any of the forms to a page where I like it to be published?

Kristiane

I still would like a description of what is meant with subscription single fixed or selelction or multiple etc.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If you open those files with your browser you will understand why I named them that way. It is all about how lists are displayed, only one, all at once with checkboxes, all at once inside a pull-down menu... the pages that include the word 'auto' display the lists automatically. Note that MLM also comes with a Wordpress plugin.

Kristiane

On Mac. In my Llm folder there is what is on the screen shot below.
What would the name of the file be? would it have to be found in the lm folder?

dhwinn

I found the Wordpress plugin. Works great. Thanks!

I have multiple lists. Is there a way to add a "Select all" option to the subscription list drop-down menu? Maybe something for the next version? :)

Thanks.

Kristiane

Ok I found the folder. I went in to wordpress and wanted to upload the folder 'mlm_widget' as it says in read me. As you can see on the picture that doesn't work. Then I tried to upload and install the php-file within, but that didn't work. What am I doing wrong? Is there another way to upload it?

dhwinn

Kristiane

You appear to be trying to install the plugin from within Wordpress from the plugins page. I find that doesn't always work.

Do you have access to an ftp software (transmit, cyber duck etc...)? If so, navigate your way to your Wordpress files, find wp-content-->plugins and upload the mlm_widget folder to the plugins folder. Log back into your Wordpress site and you should be able to activate the mlm plugin. That's what I did.

Kristiane

As you can see in the picture, the "open" is grey, meaning it can't open the archive. I can open both the files in the archive, but they don't seem to do the job.

wessley

Hi Kristiane,

Can you try archiving the "mlm_widget" folder into a zip file and uploading that to WordPress?

Best,
Wes

dhwinn

Hi Kristiane

The reason the "open" is grey is because Wordpress is looking for a .zip file, not a folder or other kinds of files. You can try as Wes suggests and zip the "mlm_widget" folder in the Finder. Right-click on the folder (in the Finder) and select "Compress mlm_widget". This will create mlm_widget.zip

You should be able to "open" this through Wordpress

Dave

Kristiane

Thanks for your suggestions. And yes. I didn't even know plug-ins could be installed from any other place than from within wordpress. However, I don't know how to do any of what you suggest. It is all greek to me. Are these PC or Mac programs?
I have a Mac and thought this should be rather simple. Usually the wordpress plug-ins are simple to install and use. I've never encountered anything like this. I regret I bought the program, because it all seems difficult and it seems like I need to know a lot of programming to use it.

Kristiane

I don't know what I did different, but decided to give it another try, just the stright way, uploading it through wordpress. And it worked. My advice for next version or update. Put in a zip-file form the beginning and write that in the instructions. That would have saved me a lot of trouble and frustration. Love Kristiane