How can I recover a failed partially sent list?

pwdrnow

MBM 8.3.6 (newly updated from 8.3.5 today).
MacBook Pro 3.06GHz 15" /1TB /4GB /OSX 10.6.8

I sent to a list but my IP fell over/stalled and so the send was interrupted about 80% through (800 recipients). When I came back to the operation later (when the IP was back on again), MBM had frozen and wouldn’t reconnect to my smtp server (authSMTP.com) - function buttons Send and Pause were 'dulled out' and didn’t work and showed MBM still trying to connect to SMTP server unsuccessfully. So I went to menubar> Delivery> Send> Pause which seemed to pause the activity, then selected Resume in the same menu but no success - it just did the same searching for smtp server and dulled buttons. I saved the doc (which actually was successful) then re-opened it. Unfortunately, the partially-sent list was no longer there in Recipients so I had no idea who had received the mailing and who had not.

In MBM Prefs> Delivery, it shows "Next Delivery ID# 673". I have "Output connection log to a file" selected and thought that might help me recover the partial list if I went to #672, but I don;t know and also don't know how to do that.

Can you help please? (I haven't used MBM since this issue - haven't done anything - saved, quit or anything, it's just sitting there waiting.)

How can I recover the partially-sent list for that mailing so as to send to the remaining recipients without resending to the majority who have already received it?

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.
Paul

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
When you save a document you also save all delivery statuses so saving the document and reopening should work 100% of the time.

Anyway you can indeed use the connection log file. Just drag and drop it to your list. Do not save the changes to your list, this is just for resuming a delivery.

Another solution is to force-quit MaxBulk Mailer and then reopen it, the crash recovery system should ask you if you want to resume the crashed delivery.