Help with Unsubscribe Link through MBM using MLM

sclark

I have purchases MLM to handle the subscribing/unsubscribing on web pages. All of this works great.

Now, what I need to know is how to implement the 'unsubscribe' script to automatically unsubscribe users from the list so when I go to the remote lists area in MBM, the lists is automatically updated like it does on the website unsubscribe area.

I tried to create a test email through MBM with the unsubscribe script at the bottom. I changed the 'list1' (deleted the list2 item since it is not needed) item on the script to the name of the list.

For this part of the script:

&email=email_addr[&pwd=password]

1) Do I need to input the admin password where it says 'password'?
2) Shouldn't this 'email_addr' area be automatically filled in with the user's email (pull from the email address it was sent to?) or am I not understanding what this script does?

sclark

in addition to my post...

I forgot to clarify... I want this unsubscribe link to be at the bottom of a text or html email sent from MBM.

sclark

Sort of figured it out... but have one more question

ok, I figured out how to get the unsubscribe link to work when put at the end of an email through MBM... but, is there any way to hide that long ugly link? I tried by using an <a href> tag but it didn't work. Just showed it all as text.

I'm using this:
<a href="http://www.thejoyfulguide.com/mlm_pro_php/mlm.php?cmd=unsubscribe&list=Joy%20Tips&email=[E-mail Address]">unsubscribe</a>

When I send it out through MBM, it's received just as it looks above, instead of just showing the word "unsubscribe" as a link...

fix for this???

sclark

AHA! Fixed it!

Well, of course it was a simple fix... I forgot to put the opening and closing html tags in the MBM message window!