Help setting up

mailrock

Hi,

I bought Verifier yesterday and and having troubles getting it to verify correctly.

I know it is the way I am setting it up but need some help please. Not sure just where I am going wrong so this is the whole procedure..

I am downloading our 4900 id mySQL database file as excelcsv or just csv.
Once it is showing in Excel, I export it as a Tab delimiter file.
Then import to Verifier and it shows fine.

I am with Optus cable company in Australia and have tried to use the default but everything comes back as bad, even my own email address as an individual one. Our IP is DHCP controlled.

I have put the IP of my router in and the same thing happens.. all bad.

I tried the IP number of a website we have on a shared host and it is running however only 24 of 500 odd are shown as okay. I have also read the FAQ and all.

Edit...
Since posting this I went to a friend's plac and he has another program called Mail something or other Deluxe which has a built in verifier. He let me try my csv file out and it did the whole 4k plus addresses with only about 60 no good.

So obviously it is my setup in your program unless the program reads things differently. How could this be?

Can you explain this please and help me get this going.

I did the telnet thing and got this response..

220 ghiq.pair.com ESMTP Postfix

Thanks

oz :?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Is eMail Verifier looking up domains properly? Can you send me the DNS lookup and the SMTP connection log for one of the failed address?

mailrock

Hi,

Where do I get this info? In the Connection log files that I have?

In the preferences I have this..

MX Server Lookup
NSLookup: ticked Use Mail Exchange: - Bad
Verification
Similate message
Sender Email: my address
Group 10
DNS Server
Use default Server
Rules
untouched

Thanks

rock

mailrock

I have just tried something.

In that other program was the IP number 192.20.8.1. and the name of my cable isp mail.optusblah.com.au

I thought I'd tyr that in my preferences. I couldn't put in the name mail.optusetc but used the 192 number.

I also unchecked the my address from the Sender email.

It worked this time showing many valid and a few bad ones.

Not sure what it all means..

rock

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It seems you add a problem with the DNS server. Putting that number lets eMail Verifier find it.