Getting SPAMmessage: Quoted-printable line longer than 76...

AdamMacKinnon

Hi Stan,
We recently signed up for Lyris' EmailAdvisor service, which lets you see how your emails appear in email apps, assesses deliverability and analyzes content.

My question relates to the surprisingly high Spam scores this service applies to our messages (considerably above their notion of industry-benchmark: 1.57). The primary negative Spam score we get from their ContentAnalyzer system (which checks content against 30 spam filters) is this:
"Quoted-printable line longer than 76 chars" (in the region of "rawbody"). And this factor alone accounts for a score of 2.5 in its spam scoring system.

The recommendation they give is:
"Use a different email client (i.e. Microsoft Outlook, AOL, Eudora) to send your message so it is encoded correctly."

Obviously, as a committed MaxBulkMailer fan, I don't want to use a different client!

I'm mystified, since I know that MBM addresses this in the way it formats emails for sending.

Do you have any insight on why this is happening? And can I send you the Raw Message their program sees so you can take a look?

Thanks,
Adam

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This problem was fixed last summer if I remember well. We introduced it during summer and fixed it by august. I guess you are using the bad v5 version.

Note that current version is v6.1