Formatting characters appearing in emails

LeoC2

Never had this problem before that I noticed but I'm seeing off characters appearing in emails sent based on web pages. I assume they are formatting characters. What I've been having to do is create text in Text Edit as plain text, paste it into my HTML editor then format there. This doesn't always work.

Also, the entire web page is not sent, items such as the banner at the head of the document and other images simply don't come through.

The best way to understand what's happening is to see it for yourself. The web page is http://nyautofest.com/NYAF/news. Place that link in BulkMailer's message area and set it as a web page and send yourself the document in Test Mode.

You will see the difference in the look. Occasionally you'll spot a weird character such as what appears before the cent symbol ¢.

Any ideas here?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see anything wrong. Note that MaxBulk Mailer is just a bulk emailer, what you write in the message field is sent as is. In the case of web pages, the code of that page is sent as is. Where do you see that character?