Forbidden

mrmyth

I get this error message when someone clicks on an html link or a link from an image in an email that I send. I have click through tracking activated.

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /lm/lm.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I don't get it if I just put a link in the email that is just a text link.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What is your MLM URL? How did you install MLM? With the MaxBulk Mailer built-in installer or manually?

mrmyth

My lm folder is set to 755 because if I do 777 or even 775, I get an error in Maxbulk Mailer that says "Error #500" Internal Server Error

By the way, my lm.php permissions are 644

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes indeed, some servers will not allow 777 and 775, 755 or even 705 may work. The lm.php and all other php files should be set to 755 as well.

mrmyth

Yes.

Thanks very much for helping me with this.

Even if I change lm to 777, clickthrough link is still forbidden. I also can't access my remote lists from MaxBulk.

So I set it back to 755, so I can at least access my lists.

I changed lm.php to 755 as you stipulated.

What do you think is preventing that click through link from working?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The ideal would be to get one of those URLs and send it to your web server support so they can answer why you get that error. It has to be a setting on your server.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The ideal would be to get one of those URLs and send it to your web server support so they can answer why you get that error. It has to be a setting on your server. The "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /lm/lm.php on this server." error is a web server error, not a MLM error. I use to think it may have something to do with permissions. You can also have a look at the MLM FAQ.