Forarding to a freind

aboutsigns

Is it possible to forward a newsletter to a friend in any way?

I.e is there a script where it will bring up a box so they can send it to there friend.

Also is there anyway of checking newsletter status's i.e how many people opened the email. How many people did not receive it, and wheather they clicked on the newsletter etc. I know you get a report back but is there an in depth way of checking?

Regards

Mike

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
About your first question, yes, I wrote a forward script. You need a copy of your message accessible online though. Let me know if you want it.

About your second question, click-through/message opening tracking is actually our main ongoing development. It is being added to MLM and will be integrated to MaxBulk Mailer. It is quite advanced and perhaps we will offer some beta testing later.

aboutsigns

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply,

yes if you could let me know what i would have to do to incorporate a forward to a friend script.

As for the reports etc, if it's not currently perfect then i think ill let you keep working on it :lol: but it's great to hear its coming soon.

Regards

Mike

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This is the script:
Code:
<? 
	//change this to your email. 
	$to      = "[email protected]"; 
	$from    = "[email protected]"; 
	$subject = "Forward test";
	$host    = "www.mysite.com";
	$uri     = "/path/to/the/page.html";

$fp = fsockopen ( $host, 80, $errno, $errstr, 30 );

if (!$fp) {
		Exit( "Connection error #$errno:$errstr" );	
	} else {
		$out  = "GET " . $uri . " HTTP/1.1\r\n";
		$out .= "HOST: " . $host . "\r\n";
		$out .= "Content-type: text/html\r\n"; 
		$out .= "Connection: Close\r\n\r\n";
		fwrite( $fp, $out );
		while (!feof($fp)) {
			$in .= fgets ( $fp, 128 );
		}
		fclose ($fp);
	}

$contents = Explode( "\r\n\r\n", $in );
	$message  = $contents[1];

$message = str_replace( '</head>', '<base href="http://' . $host . '/"></head>', $message );

$headers  = "From: $from\r\n"; 
	$headers .= "Content-type: text/html\r\n";  

// now lets send the email. 
	mail( $to, $subject, $message, $headers ); 

echo "Message has been sent....!"; 
?>

Save this code to a file named 'forward.php' and upload it to your site. You will have to modify it if you want to use it with parameters.

chitown

is this the latest version of this script? this one does not seem to work. does it require phpmailer or something to work?

thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it is the last version. The script only needs PHP. What problem do you have?