Financial year

didier

The Query item 'Current Year' is only relevant and useful if the fiscal year matches the civil year (1st Jan to 31st Dec). In several cases (like in India) the fiscal year starts April 1st and finishes March 31st.

Would be so nice to have a way to specify it in the preferences :)

thanks

ozwest

In Australia we start our financial year on the 1st July and end on the 30th June...

Would be great if this could be accomodated for.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This new setting will be available in next version. It is a lot of work but as I said it is perfectly feasible.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
When this version is available I recommend you to test if everything is correct. We are very careful and we do our own testings but per experience I know sometimes we can forgot something. We have had to implement support for fiscal year in a total of 19 different places, queries, reports, charts...

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The next version will be released next week, likely on tuesday.

The functions to tests more closely are the Statistics, the profit and loss summary and charts.

pila

stanbusk said:
When this version is available I recommend you to test if everything is correct. We are very careful and we do our own testings but per experience I know sometimes we can forgot something. We have had to implement support for fiscal year in a total of 19 different places, queries, reports, charts...

Downloaded 5.4.1
I still cannot figure out where to (permanently) change the settings to the fiscal year I want.

Pila

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
From the preferences, click on 'Formats' then below 'Date', set 'Fiscal year start with' with the appropriate month.