Few bugs in v5

kjurkuhn

Hi,

I'm using version 5.0 on Mac OS X 10.5.6 in German for a while now. I had two issues as follows:

- Entering something in the comment field in 'Transactions' causes a crash from time to time. Can't fix it on a specific input though. Must be connected to the auto-complete feature.

- Importing a csv file with a newline/return at the end causes an entry with 0.00 and no comment. The import routine should check if a line is empty or not.

Feature wishes:

- It would be great if you can split a transaction. Meaning you have two items on the same bill but want to book them on different accounts.
So you would have one entry which splits on several diffrent accounts.

- The payment summary report should have an option if to include payees who have not received/paid anything.

Apart from these small issues I really like the interface improvements of version 5. The manager dialogs are much more clearly arranged than the solution before.

Cheers

Kay

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
- Entering something in the comment field in 'Transactions' causes a crash from time to time. Can't fix it on a specific input though. Must be connected to the auto-complete feature.
This is a clear sign that your file has a problem. I recommend you to use the 'Recover' tool before it is too late.

- Importing a csv file with a newline/return at the end causes an entry with 0.00 and no comment. The import routine should check if a line is empty or not.
Could you create such file, open a support ticket and send it to us? As soon we can reproduce we will fix it.

Feature wishes:
- It would be great if you can split a transaction. Meaning you have two items on the same bill but want to book them on different accounts.
So you would have one entry which splits on several diffrent accounts.
This is a Group. You have to enter those transactions, select them and use the 'Group' menu. It is similar to a split.

- The payment summary report should have an option if to include payees who have not received/paid anything.
Do you mean a way to hide the payee with no transactions?

kjurkuhn

->Sorry for the late response.

"Could you create such file, open a support ticket and send it to us? As soon we can reproduce we will fix it. "

->Will do.

"Quote:
- The payment summary report should have an option if to include payees who have not received/paid anything."

"Do you mean a way to hide the payee with no transactions?"

->Exactly, that.

->Thanks for your answers.