Feature Request: Schedule several email projects in advance

mcwe

Would it be possible to make another window were several email projects could be available and separately scheduled, ie:

1. Email to be delivered on Tuesday, 9:30am, 2500 recipients
2. Email to be delivered on Thursday, 5:50pm, 13000 different recipients

etc.

Sometimes I have to go away on training (PHP etc.) and this would greatly simplify the email process for me. They can all be setup a week in advance and then be delivered the following week at it's appropriate times. I think this would really up the versatility with MaxBulk Mailer as well.

Thank you for all the great support and great development on the application. :D

I've included a mockup idea for this below:

maxbulk_mockup.gif

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This is already possible but it doesn't look like exactly as you are expecting. With current version you can schedule one or several deliveries but each document has to remain open. I take note of your request anyway.

mcwe

stanbusk said:
This is already possible but it doesn't look like exactly as you are expecting. With current version you can schedule one or several deliveries but each document has to remain open. I take note of your request anyway.

I've included a mockup to the original posting in case you are interested.

Martin

Janaia

Is it possible to schedule separate mailings from same doc?

I believe this is related to the above topic. My ISP permits sending to only 100 addresses per hour, 25 max in a group. My address list has several hundred names in it. I want to send to individual names so it's not seen as spam. Is there a way to schedule this (from the same document)? My only workaround is to stop the job, then reopen the document, but I have no confidence that all addresses are being sent to.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The best way to do what you are asking is to use the group and interval features from the settings panel. For example, set connection to 4, group to 25 and interval to 01:00 (1 hour). That way you will send 100 messages per hour. No need for scheduling here.

Janaia

Connection/group/interval

Thank you for this feature information. I had set group=25, interval=1:00 and it didn't work. I didn't understand that "Connection" meant the number of times it connects. Please update your user documentation to describe this scenario; it may be helpful to other users. I read that section over and over and could not figure how to do this because of insufficient "use" scenario info.

Do I understand right, however, that I must leave the document open until all email is sent; there's no way to gracefully "pause" the process so I could resume the next day?

Janaia

Prefer to send singly

I prefer to send singly, as you recommend. To send to 100 recipients per hour, would I set it to (1) Delivery=singly, (2) group mails = 100, (3) interval = 1:00, (4) connection=1?

By the way, there is no notation of what the units are for the interval. Are these minutes, or seconds, or what? Suggest adding this to the UI.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Connections means simultaneous connections. Email readers like Entourage, Outlook, Mail use one single connection. If you use a group of 100 and want to send 100 per batch then set connections to 1. The interval is HH:MM. In a future version we will change that to HH:MM:SS with a different interface.