external hyperlinks not working

Lori

I've included hyperlinks in my email. Some internal (to my site) some external - like facebook.

My internal hyperlinks all work, but any external hyperlinks I get a 403 message from my host.

Both use full URL including http://www.domain.com/whatever

Hopefully this is easily solved.

Thanks in advance.

Lori

No I'm not using MLM at the moment for other unresolved issues. I'm just loading a text file into MBM to create a mail list.

I'm creating my mail message in Dreamweaver, testing it in Dreamweaver, uploading to the web and testing it again then creating a test mail message to myself out of MBM. The external links work fine in Dreamweaver, and over the internet, but not in the mail message.

Here's an example of the link from the test email www.mydomain.com/lm/lm.php?tk=TG9yaQk(followed by a long encoded string then)=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2

i thought it might be something in the .htaccess file, but hosting company said no.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Lori

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This is a MLM URL, your MaxBulk Mailer preferences, second panel, MLM URL. If you do not use MLM for whatever reason you have to deactivate it.

Lori

How do I deactivate MLM? Will I still have statistics tracking (opens, clicks) if I deactivate it?
Can I reactivate it at any time after? Is that a re-install or another process?

I really want to use MLM as my list is getting large and it's proving to be quite cumbersome.

I'm not using MLM to the full extent because I have an unresolved issue uploading lists viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7490&start=30. I still have to try a few things like the suggested code change to line 1924 but needed to get a quick email out to my base, and not enough time to investigate this open MLM issue fully.

Thanks for your help.

Lori

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
How do I deactivate MLM?
You can deactivate MLM tracking unchecking the corresponding option in the preferences, second panel. You will see it, it is a checkbox labeled 'Click-Through Tracking'
Will I still have statistics tracking (opens, clicks) if I deactivate it?
I believe only 'Opens', please tell me otherwise.
Can I reactivate it at any time after?
Yes, checking back that option again.
Is that a re-install or another process?
No.