Error messages using the MBM > Install MLM menu

Tippasoul

Hello,

My first post on this forum is about installing MLM2, and my material is :
- computer : IMac
- system : v10.6.4 (snow leopard)

If someone wish to help, he(she) have first to know that on this matter I have already read the Maxprog installation tutorial (how to install MLM on your server), and I also already SCHMOD the 'lm' folder to 755.

I have first try twice to install MLM from the MBM > Instal MLM menu by selecting the first 'lm' file in my public folder, but it failed. After some green checkmarks in the installation window comes alternatively at eacht try red crosses checkmarks related to one or the other error messages (or both together) :

ERROR 1
Erreur - Unable to build data connection: Invalid argument

There is also a suspect green checkmark in this try, as it is related to this information : CHMOD /lm/lm/lm 777

I mean, how can it be whether it is 777 that appears while I SCHMOD the 'lm' folder to 755 ?

ERROR 2
Erreur - No transfert timeout (180 seconds): closing control connection

Do someone know the sources of these errors, and how to prevent them ?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Since you get errors during the installation the best will be to install the software manually. You can do that with a FTP software like Transmit, Fetch, CoreFTP… This how you have to proceed:

1.- Open the lm/lm_settings.php file with a text editor.
2.- Edit the script settings and save (each setting is explained in the file). [1]
3.- Upload the ‘lm’ folder to your FTP server (in your public folder). [2]
4.- Use your FTP software to CHMOD the ‘lm’ folder to 777 (or 775 or 755). [3]
5.- Enter the ‘lm.php’ full URL and your user ID and password to MaxBulk preferences.
6.- If you have selected to use mySQL run the script with the ‘Init’ command:

http://<script_path_here>/lm.php?cmd=init&pwd=password

[1] The lm/lm_settings.php contains all the parameters you can change to customize the script to match your needs. When doing a manual installation it is important to open that file with a plain text editor like Notepad on Windows or TextEdit on the Macintosh.

[2] Never upload MLM to your home root folder if you have a specific folder for public html documents like ‘public’, ‘html’, ‘public_html’, ‘web’, ‘www’, ‘httpdocs’. Just open the folder or any subfolder first!

[3] If you don’t know how to CHMOD a folder with your FTP software please read your FTP software manual. It is possible your server doesn’t like you to CHMOD the ‘lm’ folder to 777 (showing an ‘Internal Server Error’ when you try to run the script with your browser) so just try 775 or 755.

The lm/html folder includes a few sample pages for subscribing customers to your lists (to a fixed single list, a single list from a selection or multiple lists at once) and a sample page for uploading lists to MLM (despite you can do that from MaxBulk Mailer as well).