Error #406 can't upload on Hostgator hosting

mrmyth

Hi:

I am getting this error now. "Error #406: Not Acceptable (http://mydomain.com/mlmfolder/lm.php)" when I try to update my lists from Maxbulk Mailer. This happens even if the list I'm uploading is only 12 people.

I tried a few things I saw in the forums, adding things to .htaccess files etc, but I haven't gotten it to work. I called Hostgator and they said my hosting is open to this kind of uploading without restrictions. I am using an up-to-date version of PHP.

Last time I used Maxbulk I could do this. My Maxbulk Mailer version is 8, my mlm version is 3.0.5

I'm sure there is a fix, but I have not been able to make it work, any instructions are appreciated. I'm on a bit of a time crunch. In the FAQ here was something saying to put some code in a .htaccess file in the scripts folder. I'm not sure what that folder is because I don't have a folder called that.

Sorry if I'm being a bonehead.

mrmyth :mrgreen:

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Try to use current MLM 3.1.6 with MaxBulk Mailer 8.4.9. Lots of changes are made in every version so it is important to use the very last one.

mrmyth

Thanks Stan. What is the best way to upgrade MLM? Do I do it from MaxBulk or just by uploading new files to the server.

I have custom html pages and my settings of course. I'm using MySQL for the database.

mrmyth

I ran the upgrade and unfortunately I'm still getting the error.

When I go to the /html/upload_list.php

It says this at the bottom of the page:

"Not Acceptable!

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This look like a different problem. Have you reported the problem to your server? Upload problems are all related to security settings in the server.

mrmyth

Thanks for the reply, yes I did and they said there were no restrictions.

There is Wordpress on the root of this site where the folder for mailing list manager is.

mrmyth

I checked my other site that used to work with this and I have the same error. There is no wordpress on that site.

I'm going to check with hostgator again.

mrmyth

[SOLVED]Re: Error #406 can't upload on Hostgator hosting

Stan:

Thanks for all your help. I finally bugged HostGator enough that they escalated my ticket to a 2nd level where they whitelisted the domain. I gave them the address of the upload page, where they could see the error on the page that said it was a mod error.

"An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

They were able to whitelist it and the upload from MaxBulk Mailer to MLM worked flawlessly.

:D