error 365833 not a Valentina2 database

softmartin

Hallo : big problems !
for the last three years I have been using icash without problem as follows : I receive every month a file from my partner by mail, integrate my data and return the revised file. Two months ago, I suddenly got the error message "error # 365833 not a Valentina2 database" when I tried to open the db.
Configuration is as follows
my machine OS X 10.5.8 icash 4.1 ( English)
my partners machine WIndows XP (SP 3) icash 4.2.2. ( German)
I have tried
a) using icash 7 to open the file
b) having my partner reindex the file on windows
but still no luck.
I do not understand why this has suddenly failed, and I do not know how to fix this error
TIA
Martin

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Do you mean you were using a v4 file with iCash v4 and all of sudden, without upgrading to a newer version, you got that error?

softmartin

yes,
however, my partner can still open the file; she assures me that the only change she has made to her machine has been to compress files ( a function of windows xp) but this did not apply to the icash files.

Trying to remake our original file using XML gives me an xml error.

I also tried having her send me a new file with just one transaction in it and this also was unopenable. I tried to attach it to this post but icash files are not accepted.
Thank you
Martin

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Tell her to try to open the file with the v 6.4.1
It is available here. If she is successful tell her to send you that new converted file. You should be able to open it with current v7

softmartin

Unfortunately, she deletes the back-ups on a regular basis to save space (!) the oldest backup is ca. one month old and produces the same error.
I may rebuild the file from scratch, but what worries me is where this error comes from ?
Martin

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have recover tools in v4? Sorry to ask but to say the true I don't remember. You told me one file could be opened right?

softmartin

Hallo,
she opened the file in windows, recovered it, sent it to me, I received this error
"error updating database scheme.<file> is not a valentin2 DB"
Martin

softmartin

First of all, many thanks for all the attempts to help me on this problem.
As to trying to open in v6.4.1 this also produced a fatal error.
Today I tried the following simple test
I sent a file to my partner, who opened it in v6.4.1 ( thus updating it) and sent it back to me. ALthough the file functioned fine for her, I could not open it ( error # 365833) in v6.4.1
I am now completely dispirited, not being able to either understand nor solve the problem.
In another thread I read that when using icash on two different machines, one should have the same language settings -- is it perhaps a problem that my partner is using German language versions and I US versions ? Yet, neither on the MAC nor on the Windows installers did I find a way to specify the language settings. In Windows you can set the installation language , but the operational language is the system language.
Many thanks for any clues
Martin

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
That doesn't matter actually. You can create create a file in Japan on a PC and use it later on a Russian Mac. iCash is Unicode UTF-8 native so the language you are using has no effect. However I recommend you to compress the iCash document when you have to send it to somebody by email.