email notification

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure the settings in the lm.php file are correct. Note that you can also activate authentication in the lm_prefs.php file. The file contains comment about that feature.

Ok, I have changed the lm_prefs.php preferences. I have put my email adress and hostname and right now, on my web, there is not message that an email has been sent, the bage stays in blank... what can I do?

My provider told me that PHP is not configured because of security. He said that I can try with PHPmailer... I do not know how to configure that in MLM... Could you help me?

stéphane

Their terms exactly are :

Respecto a las newsletter, es muy probable que esté utilizando la función mail de PHP, sin embargo dicha función se encuentra deshabilitada por motivos de seguridad, le aconsejamos que adapte la aplicación para que utilice la función phpmailer

Regarding the newsletter, probably you are using the PHP mail function, however this feature is disabled for security reasons, we advise you to adapt the application to use the phpmailer function.

stéphane

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Desconozco la función phpmailer. ¿Que es? Podria preguntar a su servidor? ¿Es un script de envión PHP?

Me mandaron un archivo zipeado de muestra con 4 archivos php dentro :
formulario.php
class.phpmailer.php
class.pop3.php
class.smtp.php

si quiere se lo mando para que lo vea.

stéphane

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Dar soporte a esto no es fácil porque implica abrir archivos con preferencias, un rollo. No creo que de soporte para esto. Además ahora mismo la demanda es nula. Quiero decir, a todo el mundo le funciona la función mail() de PHP... bueno salvo a ti. LA única opción que veo es activar la autenticación en el archivo lm_prefs.php para que utilice el servidor de correo del servidor en vez de mail().

me lo imaginaba... qué raro que usen este tipo de servicios cuando aparece ser un proveedor serio y potente. Iré más rápido cambiando de proveedor!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Look at the lm/mailqueue folder with your FTP software. Is there any file inside? If so, open one of them, what do you read?