Email confirmation request not being sent

barriedack

I have MLM working and it has created an SQL list.
I am using the subscriber_auto_single_page.php but is is not sending a confirmation request email.
I have checked the settings in both LM preferences and LM Settings file and they appear fine. I have added in the mail settings for the website as these require authentication.
Am I missing a setting that needs changing?
I am assuming I have Max Mailer Pro, I am running version 8.5 US and LM 3.1.6

barriedack

Hi,

I did not realise there was a Wordpress plug in the Goodies folder. Have installed this and great improvement. While it seems to be working there are error messages and emails are not being sent. All are regarding Pear.
This may be a server problem and not Maxmailer.
This is a typical error
PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PEAR::isError() should not be called statically in /home/??/public_html/??/lm/lm_functions.php on line 2112
I have been using Max Bulk mailer for several years and its great. However, we have added in LM as wewant people to be able to subscribe from the website rather than email.
Thanks!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you set MLM to use a mail server with given settings in lm_prefs.php or do you simply get that error...

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Look at the lm.php code, line 42:
Code:
if ( $mlm_debug ) {
	error_reporting(E_ALL); 
	ini_set('display_errors','on');
} else {
	error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE); 
	ini_set('display_errors','off');
}
It is where we define what kind of error we are interested in. Try to change it to:
Code:
if ( $mlm_debug ) {
	error_reporting(E_ALL); 
} else {
	error_reporting(E_ALL ^ (E_STRICT|E_NOTICE|E_WARNING); 
}
Does this fix the problem?

barriedack

Sadly no

It is producing the following error message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/fairfi74/public_html/Maximailer/lm/lm.php on line 46

The error log was also previously showing a server error:

[14-May-2015 11:18:10 America/Chicago] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PEAR::raiseError() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/php55/pear/Net/SMTP.php on line 371

barriedack

Our ISP is Siteground, who offer a comprehensive support service.

One is to change the php version per directory that means I could change to an earlier one just for MLM if that helps.

They also offer the option to upload Pear packages if the software uses one that is not currently installed. However, having read the list of installed packages I would be surprised if this is the problem.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, the correct code is:
Code:
if ( $mlm_debug ) {
	error_reporting(E_ALL); 
} else {
	error_reporting(E_ALL ^ (E_STRICT|E_NOTICE|E_WARNING)); 
}
A bracket was missing. Try this, it should work.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have updated the MLM code here as well so all future versions will include that as well! :)