Email Bounce Handler locks up Apple Mail

steve

UPDATE

Soon after the last post on Nov. 24, EBM v3.7.1 (Email Bounce Handler) stopped working again.

When I select "Dredge Apple Mail", Bounce Handler opens Apple's Mail, but instantly locks up both applications. It does not get to the screen to enter the name of the Mailbox to be dredged. I have to Force Quit Email Bounce Handler and then Mail functions normally.

I finally gave up and and installed an earlier version of EBM on a different computer running Leopard 10.5.8 and have been running it with no problems. But it's a pain not being able to use it on my primary MacBook and having to transfer stuff back and forth.

Now ... I recently purchased a new MacBook and have a completely new installation of my Mail app and set it up from scratch without any of the old preferences. This is a fresh installation of everything. I downloaded and installed the most recent version of Email Bounce Handler. I was able to Dredge Apple Mail correctly the first time and after that the same problem occurs again.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
That's really weird, right now I don't know what can cause this problem. It is clear something breaks during the first use, very likely a pref. file...