EBM New user settings for earthlink

nevadaslick

Hello, I have been using MaxBulk Mailer for years and know fairly well how to set it up and use it properly. However, I'm new to Email Bounce Handler and I'm not sure how to properly set it up using earthlink.

These are my settings in MaxBulk Mailer (I'm using a generic ID & password for security reasons):
SMTP host: smtpauth.earthlink.net:587
Authentication: ESMTP
Acount ID: [email protected]
Password: **********************

Also, I would love to see more YouTube videos on the best use of your various software but can't seem to find anything. Perhaps you can help we with that.

Thank you, Joe

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
With eMail Bounce Handler you have to use a POP3 or IMAP server, not SMTP. SMTP is for sending emails, POP3 and IMAP are for fetching emails.

nevadaslick

Thank you! I have a follow up question here.

If I'm sending an email to 2000 to 4000 people using MaxBulk Mailer, when should I start running eMail Bounce Handler? Your instructions in "Using eMail Bounce Handler efficiently" says to wait until the delivery is finished. It can take a few hours for a bulk email of 2000-4000 people to finish sending.
Should I begin running eMail Bounce Handler while MaxBulk Mailer is still sending? Or,
Should I wait until the ENTIRE email delivery of 2000-4000 emails are finished sending?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I believe you can run eMail Bounce Handler as soon as you start sending your bulk message.