EBH & MLM

lecolporteur

Hi,

I installed MLM & setup Maxbulk to work with it. That part is fine.

I put the same URL & credentials to EBH but I did not find how to make EBH talk to MLM.

Email is correctly parsed and I don't wish to make a manual export.

Did I not see something?

Thanks.

lecolporteur

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

That's what I did but it didn't work : added just a few mail in list for testing and sent a mail to eMail Bounce Handler so it was in the first tab list but did not remove it from MLM, even if I press the "-" button.

What can I do to find out what's wrong? Is there any log?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Actually bounces are added to MLM as soon as they are found by eMail Bounce Handler, either by processing a remote or local mailbox. Is it what you are doing?

Or do you want us to add a button or menu to add bounces from the list directly to MLM?

lecolporteur

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I ran some more tests and here is what I've got:
- I setup a specific rule that look for sender of a subject that is "unsubscribe"
- mailbox is read and mail is removed
- in the first tab I have a line for that mail but I have an "Echec" (it's in french, I guess it's "Failure")
- the email is not removed from MLM

Is that a trouble with my rule?

lecolporteur

Hi,

Sorry for this late answer.

No, that's not a hard bounce but I had the same trouble with a real hard bounce.

Anyway, I did some more tries and I understand now that EBH is correctly finding emails that are either errors (hard bounce I guess because the email was invalid for testing) or unscrubscribe requests (by writing it in mail subject as a reply).

Now, I have the distant list in MLM that was used to send the test emails that is unchanged (no unsubscribe and no bounce removal).

From what you said (here and in other posts), I think that either I should find a "bounce" or "error" list in MLM (that's not the case) or emails auto-removed.

In fact, I'm quite lost. I think that all softwares should have been correctly configured but I don't know what manual actions are required when EBH has finished accessing the mailbox and shows emails that are in error.

Thanks for your answer.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Actually there is a option in the eMail Bounce Handler preferences in order to get bounces added to MLM. Have you entered your MLM URL there?

lecolporteur

Hi,

Yes, URL + login + password

This works with builkmailer as I got the external list but I don't know how to check in bouce handler if it works.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so you get bounces when connecting to your POP account with eMail Bounce Handler and no bounce is added?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Bounce should be added as new entries in your MLM database. Then they should appear in the MaxBulk Mailer statistics.