Display Problems?

lithoart

I have for the last few years been working on OLD mbm files in TextWrangler to modify my MBM files
because it is much easily to modify by using REPLACE ALL when I want to change a few files in one go.
I do the text edit using TextWrangler.

However, in the last day or so, what is displayed and opened in MBM is DIFFERENT from what is in the edited text file.
What is in the MESSAGE tab is completely DIFFERENT from the parts (the section where the /body appears) I edited in TextWrangler.

These 2 snapshots are meant to be the SAME:

This is a section in MBM (I have 2 images)

This is a section in TextWrangler (I have 3 images -- this is what it is meant to be)
(notice the /body tag in front)

Don't know why?
I am DEFINITELY opening the SAMe file.

Any Ideas?

I tried to re-start the Mac in case it is a cache problem.
But it does NOT change anything.

Can I email you directly to explain in more details
(in case what I have outlined is NOT clear)?

What's the email address?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This is because new MaxBulk Mailer versions save the message content in an encoded RTF string, then it will load that version. The other version, the one you are editing is still there but it is not longer used. MaxBulk Mailer changed the format to make documents fully compatible between platforms. If you need to make massive changes to your text I recommend you to copy the text from the MaxBulk Mailer message panel, paste it to Text Wrangler, do your work, copy it again and paste it back to MaxBulk Mailer. Editing MaxBulk Mailer documents with a plain text editor is not really the way to go.

lithoart

What version will allow me to do things as I usually have done?
It worked perfectly for my purposes and am happy to keep doing it that way.
Previous version? What version number? Can I still download that particular version?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Try the version that was released before the current one. Note that what you do is totally unsupported and quite dangerous.

lithoart

Thanks! Luckily I had the OLD download from the previous version.
It all works as "normal" now (for me anyway).

I realise it may be unsupported
…… but pls explain WHY it's "quite dangerous"

It may be an oversight on my part that I am not aware of,
but would like to be made aware of….

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MaxBulk Mailer expects the file to have a specific format and encoding. If you change something in the wrong place you could easily 'destroy' the file. MaxBulk Mailer documents are supposed to be read and written by MaxBulk Mailer.