difference between selected and activated AND SUGGESTIONS

flyonearth

I haven't find in the docs... But be be not well read !

My question (done from an exemple I am facing) :

I have activated some 400 client out of 2000.
MBM has sent 100 (trail limitatino, I have bought it), then now how can I sent to the 300 other clients ?

If I select the "non sent" ones, MBM selects ALL the others, that is 1900 (even if only the 400 I want, keeps being "activated")

Then what is done with the menu "sent to selected"... Will it be only 300, or 1900 ? How can I know ?...

MY QUESTION : how can I select only the 300 hindred I want ?

THERE IS A BIG NECESSITY To indicate to total number of the mails which would be sent through the current selection. Présently, only the number of the activated ones is displayed, and I don't know what it means, it is not at all clear in the doc !
-> Big necessity : clarify the vovalulary in the doc : what means what ?

ANOTHER BIG BECESSITY : offer the possibilty of having several tests to select/activate (as in itunes list for instance)

Big thanks

Jean Christophe

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have activated some 400 client out of 2000.
MBM has sent 100 (trail limitatino, I have bought it), then now how can I sent to the 300 other clients ?
Just click on the 'Send' button again. The sent entries (with a paper plane icon) are automatically discarded.
If I select the "non sent" ones, MBM selects ALL the others, that is 1900 (even if only the 400 I want, keeps being "activated")
No needs to do that.
Then what is done with the menu "sent to selected"... Will it be only 300, or 1900 ? How can I know ?...
Again no needs to do that. 'Send to Selected' means sending the the highlighted entries.
MY QUESTION : how can I select only the 300 hindred I want ?
Click on the fist one and shift-click up to 300.
THERE IS A BIG NECESSITY To indicate to total number of the mails which would be sent through the current selection. Présently, only the number of the activated ones is displayed, and I don't know what it means, it is not at all clear in the doc !
I take note.
-> Big necessity : clarify the vovalulary in the doc : what means what ?
Not sure I understand what you mean.
ANOTHER BIG BECESSITY : offer the possibilty of having several tests to select/activate (as in itunes list for instance)
Could you explain?

flyonearth

continuing suggestion

-> Big necessity : clarify the vocabulary in the doc : what means what ?
Not sure I understand what you mean.

Rep : having a table in the doc where the exact definition (and much more : the effect of being in 1 categ or the other, like activated or selected : I can only guess, but NOT be sure of what it means) are clearly explained
I really don't understand why there is 2 different menus regarding activating and/or selecting, and how do they interact !

Could you explain?[/quote]

Rep : in the part "destinataire" (as in french, I guess it is "to" in english...), if I clicq on the triangle on the left, it appears CC, CCI and 1 line to select / activate : could there be the option to add more line to select more and more precisely, as done in iTunes (additionaly, the french translation on this menu has an error : it appears 2 times "desactiver" and "désactiver" : difference with or without the accent ??)

ANother suggestion :

To have more info on what has been sent : if I have made some selection (and that is my purpose : to send some specific mail to specific categories of the same database) , I have no way to know it was sent.
At least, I would like :
* to have the replay the selection ( if MBM has kept in memory the databse selecting request)
* may be easier, as it is allways possible te refine manually a selection : just store the mail to whom it was sent (As an option I guess)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Rep : in the part "destinataire" (as in french, I guess it is "to" in english...), if I clicq on the triangle on the left, it appears CC, CCI and 1 line to select / activate : could there be the option to add more line to select more and more precisely, as done in iTunes (additionaly, the french translation on this menu has an error : it appears 2 times "desactiver" and "désactiver" : difference with or without the accent ??)
You can add one selection to another clicking on the command key.
To have more info on what has been sent : if I have made some selection (and that is my purpose : to send some specific mail to specific categories of the same database) , I have no way to know it was sent.
At least, I would like :
* to have the replay the selection ( if MBM has kept in memory the databse selecting request)
* may be easier, as it is allways possible te refine manually a selection : just store the mail to whom it was sent (As an option I guess)
Do you mean keeping a given selection so you can use it again later?