Database integration, Q'tion before Upgrading

Luxor

Right now I have the Std Edition of MaxBulk, but I would be interested in the pro version for the MySQL integration it offers.
Before I upgrade I'd like to ask how smoothly the MaxBulk interface links in with MySQL.

For example: We usually send out a newsletter every 2 weeks or so. At the moment I export our email list from MySQL to a text file & import it into MaxBulk. I do this each time we send a Newsletter.
Our email list changes daily, people subscribe & unsubscribe, so if MaxBulk will link to MySQL & I can simply click "update" to refresh the current recipient list (about 25,000 subscribers), this makes things simpler.

Currently: importing 25,000 emails from a text file takes a little while - its not too bad, so I can live with a 5-10 min import. Will the MySQL direct import be the same? or will I see it suddenly take 30mins each time? - because then it's not worth the time/convenience trade off.

Any comments on how the pros/cons of me upgrading to the Pro version (considering the above) would be greatly welcome.

Thanks!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Actually MaxBulk Mailer Pro simply enables you to connect to your mySQL server and download the data directly to the list.

You can create a preset with all the connection data and the query so you just need to use the same preset each time to load the current list from your server to MaxBulk Mailer.

I think it is better than exporting from the SQL database file and then to MaxBulk.

Download time will be the same though. Note that to perform an update you would have to go thru all records as well.

Luxor

Okay. Thanks for the info.

I'm quite happy importing a text file as it is now, so I will stick with the Std edition.

Cheers!