CSS emailing problem

twodelay

Hi

I have recently upgraded to MaxBulk's latest edition. I initially tried the trial copy to test it would work with my CSS page which has images and various styles attached (www.homercreative.com/ecard). It did. So I purchased it and ever since I put in the activation code the email doesn't work. It comes through with just the text an none of the styles or images. I cant figure out what the difference is between the registered version and the unregistered. Whatever it is its not working.

So i tried moving the CSS from a linked .css file directly into the html page and it still doesnt work. I have made sure all the links are working and in the preview it looks fine. Its just when i send it. I would think it was just because it was a CSS page and the email client cant handle it but it worked when i used the trial copy so im truly lost on this one.

Im at the end of my knowledge on this so if anyone can help me i would be delighted. I look forward to hearing from someone.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MaxBulk Mailer sends the HTML code exactly as is. It is recommended to include the CSS code into the HTML as many mail reader will not fetch it from a remote server. There is no differences between demo and registered version regarding this.

twodelay

stanbusk said:
MaxBulk Mailer sends the HTML code exactly as is. It is recommended to include the CSS code into the HTML as many mail reader will not fetch it from a remote server. There is no differences between demo and registered version regarding this.

Thanks Stanbusk. I have already done that. It is already included in the HTML. And as i said before the problems on seem to occur now whereas it worked before i put in the activation key, im not saying there is a difference its just that i have only encountered the problem since.

Is there anything else that could be the problem? Is it to do with the fact that I am using <div> and not <table>? Im trying to think but i have run out of ideas.

twodelay

Yes I am using Entourage... but it worked before. I have looked now at the source code on the version that worked in Entourage and the version that didnt. There are some discrepancies which I am going to investigate. But the thing that sticks out from first look was that there was a little warning message in the email that didnt work saying

"X-Spam-Level:

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible."

And then went on to say:

"----=BOUNDARY_1261015_JSYJ_KBUX_IBIW_TVIR
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"; format=flowed
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable"

With loads of other info about fonts and links etc used in the document. It then finished with another:

"----=BOUNDARY_1261015_JSYJ_KBUX_IBIW_TVIR
Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1"
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable"

now in the one that worked went straight into the main source code for the html page I am lining to. So it seems there is a whole load of new information that is causing some sort of conflict.

The investigation goes on!

thanks