Credit Card payments

coopea

I have read the example on credit card payments and my transactions are not showing as per the example.
I TRANSFER £100 from my Current bank account (Origin) to the CREDIT card account. (Target)
In the Current account it shows correctly as a Debit the account.
In the Credit card account it shows also as a Debit making it like at expense charged to the account rather than a payment.

:?
Have a great day ... Al

P.S. I have now found that when I run reports the transactions are shown correctly with the correct balances.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
In iCash the origin account is always debited and the target account is always credited, without exceptions. Are you looking at colors?

coopea

They are all the same colour = red.

Here is a copy of the line in question.. a straight copy and paste
Viewed from the Barclay card account.

19 Transfer [Barclays Current] Barclay Card BarclayCard -1,494.24 6 -1494.24000000 T 0 1 4 19/09/2010 13

The equivalent line viewed from the Current account:

19 Transfer [Barclays Current] Barclay Card BarclayCard -1,494.24 6 -1494.24000000 T 0 1 4 19/09/2010 13

Not sure if this helps.

Regards, Al

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure to understand, as I told you in iCash the origin account is always debited and the target account is always credited, without exceptions. Do you see something different?

coopea

Hi

I am not sure how to explain it any better I will have to think about it.

However it is not doing what you say it should do.

Kind Regards,
Al

coopea

As I said in the first post the Reports show things correct. So does and account statement.

The issue is really with how the information is shown and I can live with it.

However I noticed when I was checking my 1st account statement against a credit card statement that the report only shows transactions for the period selected. It ignores any starting balances. This means that I will always have to add back the starting balance to show a true current balance position, which is tedious.

How can I get a running balance position that shows the current position to date including any starting balance that was set up?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I know the Account Statement adds the starting balance. I have tried right now and I always get the first line that says 'Previous Balance'.

coopea

Hi ,
there are no previous balances on my screen. I have to make an artificial entry to post the balance from an account called Startup adjustment and set the opening balance to 0

Regards,
Alan

coopea

Hi sorry for the delay in replying been away for a few days.

I am running 6.6. What I have established is that the first month an account is set up ignores the start balance set up. However all subsequent months show the previous balance OK.

So my work around is OK for now. I have set up a starting transaction to set up the balance and got rid of the Account Start balance by setting it to 0.
:) Al