Creating a hyperlink?

vannuysd

I can't seem to figure out how to create a hyperlink. I do see the Hyperlink command under the Edit menu. I select it and I see a box where it appears I can enter the word I would like for the link and the URL box. But entering info into these two boxes doesn't create anything, as far as I can see. I'm trying to do this in a Styled Text mode. Is that the problem?

What I'm trying to accomplish is a "Click Here" that links to a mailto: command.

Thanks,

David

vannuysd

Not sure what you mean by a tag. I assume you are NOT saying that I need to pull down the Tag menu. When I use the Edit command under Hyperlink, it has no effect on the message. I tried putting something in the message by hand, e.g. <mailto:[email protected]> and then using Hyperlink Edit but it didn't show up there.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You have to place your cursor in the message field and then insert the hyperlink tag. You will then a tag inserted in the form <<tag_name_here>>. At delivery time this tag is replaced by the real link. All that is explained detail-fully in the MaxBulk Mailer manual.

vannuysd

I'm sorry for being dense but I'm not getting it from either your explanation here or in the manual. It is not so clear as you intend. It would be helpful if you could send me a sample message that perhaps would demonstrate it by having such a hyperlink in it.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I can't send an example since Hyperlinks are saved locally with MaxBulk Mailer preferences. All you have to do is to open the Hyperlink Manager, create a link and once done insert it into your message thru an Hyperlink tag. What is the exact concept you have problem with, it is with creating the hyperlink in the hyperlink manager? Inserting it into your message?

vannuysd

Hey, I finally figured it out! The missing ingredient for me was the need to click on the little + sign in the Edit Hyperlink window after typing the info in.

I discovered I had been using version 5.* so I upgraded to the latest version, thinking that might be the source of my problem. I don't think it was. It was the need to click on the +. I don't think that was spelled out in the manual or here.

But I do thank you for your patience with me and I'm sure we're both glad to have gotten past this! :)

Do you have a Power User here in the U.S. that I might be able to hire as a consultant to walk me through the MLM stuff? I'd like to be able to use it but think I'd need some serious hand-holding.