Correct workflow for adding people to remote list

nickharambee

Hello,

I am wanting to check on the correct workflow for adding people to a remote list so that people on the list who have already been sent an email do not get sent another one, and so that the unsubscribe link refers to the list correctly.

Here is my scenario in more detail:

1. I have a newsletter that I send out to 100 people on a remote mailing list. I then save the MBM document.

2. At a later date I want to add another 50 people to this list and send them the same email that the 100 people already on the list received.

3. So I open up the original document that I saved...

What I am not sure about is what to do next. I can import the new 50 people, and then the 'sent' status of the original 100 is preserved and the email only gets sent to the new people, but if I do this they are not added to the remote list and the [unsubscribe] link does not refer to the list. But if I download the remote list again in order to save the list after importing the new people then the sent status of the original 100 people is not preserved.

I hope this is clear and that you can help me with the correct procedure.

Thanks,

Nick

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Open the document, select the list again, select all, click on one check box to deselect all, import the new recipients, send and save.