Connections Unexpectedly Closed by Mail Server

Using MaxBulk Mailer 7.6 US on a Mac OS X 10.6.3

I am now getting, almost repeatedly the Connections Unexpectedly Closed notice.

This is new. No other "simultaneous connections" as admonished.

Settings:
Authentication is ESMTP
SMTP host is mail.servername.net
Delivery is checked as Singly (recommended)
Group mails is 10 and Interval is 5 minutes
Connections is 1
Precedence is "none"

Also, in Recipients, I have a single group of 9 that have Recipients-Delivery circle with red explanation point. What does that mean?

I spoke with my ISP, very nice, but who knows. They say I am not blocked, all is well.

Continuing...

If I hit "Resume" and if my group size is 10, and since the warning states "one or more were unexpectedly closed by your mail server" if it were just one, does that mean that all ten were "not delivered" if I hit the "Resume" button?

If so, then should I make my group size smaller.

Is there an advantage to have a group of 2 and a delivery of 1 minute versus a group of 10 and a delivery time of 5 minutes?

All this assumes I cannot solve this problem. Nothing to my knowledge has changed since the first distribution. This is the same list, but stopped and then continued.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This problem is explained here: Sending a message through a server with a daily or an hourly delivery limit. I guess you get a SMTP #421 error.
If I hit "Resume" and if my group size is 10, and since the warning states "one or more were unexpectedly closed by your mail server" if it were just one, does that mean that all ten were "not delivered" if I hit the "Resume" button?
When you get this error and the program stops it is because all connections were dropped.
Is there an advantage to have a group of 2 and a delivery of 1 minute versus a group of 10 and a delivery time of 5 minutes?
The best is send your message as slowly as possible matching the maximum number of emails you are allowed to send per hour or per day.
Also, in Recipients, I have a single group of 9 that have Recipients-Delivery circle with red explanation point. What does that mean?
It means an error.