Common problems when sending webpage links?

bogeyman

I have just sent out an email to over 1000 members of a music organization. The email was a link to an electronic newsletter hosted on our groups website. Most people were able to view the newsletter when they opened the email but some are having significant difficulties. The most common problem is that recipients seem to receive the basic structure of the website but graphic images are not visible and most links to other pages are display only part of the correct address and as a result the page cannot be found. Can someone give the the most common causes of these viewing problems so that I can send out a fix for these people. I assume that it is something in their personal email settings. Would the fact that I am sending from a Macintosh to many Windows machines cause any of this type of problem?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you used the Web Page format? Have you used very last v6.4? Can you give me the URL of your newsletter?

bogeyman

The URL is http://www.omea.on.ca/newsletter/april_2009.html

I used the most recent edition of Max Bulk Mailer. We have received much positive feedback on the mailing and it could easily be that the problem resides with the recipient's email program. One problem seems to exist with First Class based systems.

I noticed when I was testing the mailing that I could use a tag that could use at the end the email. I am not sure what it does as when I tried it and sent the email to myself no graphics were visible so I removed it.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
When you say 'the most recent edition of Max Bulk Mailer', is it v6.4? This is important for me to know the exact version.

Is there something in common with the people that receive the message badly? Operating system? Wb mail?

What do you mean with the tag you removed? What was it exactly?

bogeyman

The version is 6.4 and the tag is "base href" I found it referenced in the manual in the webpage section. I don't know what it is supposed to do.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It can be used to tell the software where the base URL is if different from the one you are using of the page. The base URL is used to complete picture addresses inside the code.