CHMOD maxbulkmailer/Im/Im 777 failed

P.Erwich

Dear Stan,

I got this failure, does this effect the MLM process?

...and how can i resolve this problem?

regards
Patrick

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Try to change the permissions to 777 manually with a FTP client. You can CHMOD a folder with your FTP software. For example with FTP Disk connect to your server, select the ‘lm’ folder and either click on the ‘Get Info’ menu or use the Cmd-I on Mac OS or Ctrl-I on Windows. You will get a window with the file persmissions at the bottom. Write the new number next to ‘Unix:’ and clik on ‘Apply’. That’s all!

Note that MaxBulk Mailer MLM built-in installer try to set the ‘lm’ folder privileges/permissions to 777, if it fails it will then try 775, 755 and 705. 777 use to work with most servers but not all. If you try to log into MLM with your browser using the lm.php URL (ex http://www.yourdomain.com/pathtomlm/lm.php) and you get an ‘Internal server Error’, that means your server doesn’t like the current permissions. If the installer failed to set the permissions, just CHMOD the ‘lm’ folder to 777 manually and try again. If it fails CHMOD the ‘lm’ folder to 775. If it still fails CHMOD the ‘lm’ folder to 755. If it still fails then CHMOD the ‘lm’ folder to 705. It should then work.